Matong Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Matong (2652) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Far South West, New South Wales. It is about 406 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Matong is in the federal electorate of Riverina.

In the 2011 census the population of Matong was 305 and is comprised of approximately 45.6% females and 54.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Matong is 43 years of age.

93.8% of people living in the suburb of Matong were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.0% New Zealand, 1.0% England.

96.4% of people living in Matong speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Matong is 29.5% Catholic, 24.3% Anglican, 17.0% Uniting Church, 11.8% No religion, 6.9% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.3% Christian, nfd, 1.0% Baptist, 1.0% Seventh-day Adventist.

55.9% of people are married, 22.3% have never married and 8.3% are divorced and 9.2% are separated. There are 10 widowed people living in Matong.

66.2% of the people living in Matong over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.2% are working on a part time basis. Matong has an unemployment rate of 2.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Matong are 43.6% Managers, 10.7% Labourers, 10.7% Technicians & trades workers, 8.6% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.4% Community & personal service workers, 5.7% Professionals, 5.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 4.3% Sales workers, 4.3% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Matong work in are 51.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 9.4% Education and training, 6.5% Health care and social assistance, 4.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 4.3% Public administration and safety, 4.3% Retail trade, 4.3% Inadequately described/Not stated, 4.3% Other services, 4.3% Transport, postal and warehousing.

53.7% of homes are fully owned, and 26.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 13.9% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $469 per week and the median household income is $763 per week.

The median rent in Matong is $80 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $563 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Matong postcode 2652

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Urunga 2455 -> North Coast -> New South Wales